Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Sequel




I WAS NOT KIDDING ABOUT THE COOKING CRAZE....


The cinnamon rolls I did 2 days ago disapeared quickly and I was asked to do some more for a party in 2 weeks. So I decided to practise some more, see how it goes.



They don't look bad, but I was really depressed with the first set of rolls I took out of the oven. They are pale..... and for some reason the frosting is pale too. I had very high expectations, and now I'm tired and disapointed.
But at least I've learned a couple of things and next time I'll do things better: I'll make the dough a little thicker so it can cook more time and I think it will taste better too, not so sweet. And make the coffee for the frosting a little stronger. And maybe put some butter on them before cooking for a more golden look. I hope that works....


Now i'm waiting for the frosting to get harder so I can freeze them. I'm not too happy though :(


Also the dough has some brown freckles! what's that about? I've done pizza dough and other stuff and that always happens, I have absolutly no idea why. i've seen it in bread that I've bought, so maybe it's not me. Since these are so pale the freckles are more noticable. The frosting made them prettier.

I really wasn't kidding about the craze. I'm embarassed to get into details about that.

2 comments:

Devil Mood said...

I agree, it's a craze. But there are worse crazes in this world.

Violet said...

:) I just feel guilty to be having so much fun and being in a world apart lately. makes me anxious somewhat... saturn is in virgo, reality check.. and I'm totally somwhere else lately and having a ball.
Thanks for being my regular comenter :) I feel less lonely out here.